- Mark Feehily can't wait to be a father(03:18)
Los Angeles, Sep 17 (IANS) Singer Mark Feehily and his fiancee Cailean O'Neil are expecting a child via surrogate and he cannot wait to hold baby in his hands.
- Wear abaya, Peshawar school girls told; order later withdrawn(01:04)
Peshawar, Sep 17 (IANS) The Peshawar district administration on Monday issued an order making it mandatory for schoolgirls to wear 'abaya' (full body covering veil) to protect them from any "unethical incident" from taking place at government schools throughout the province.
- R&D centre for clean coal unveiled in Bengaluru(23:58)
Bengaluru, Sep 16 (IANS) Union Minister of Science and Technology Harsh Vardhan on Monday opened the national centre for clean coal research and development at the Indian Institute of Science's (IISc) campus here.
- RBI expands BBPS coverage to all categories(23:56)
Mumbai, Sep 16 (IANS) The Reserve Bank of India on Monday expanded the Bharat Bill Payment System coverage to included all categories of billers, except prepaid recharges.
- Wanted criminal held in Narela murder case(23:52)
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) With the arrest of 25-year-old history-sheeter, the Delhi Police claimed to have solved the Virender Maan murder case, who was shot dead in the Narela area of the national capital earlier this month.
- Italy resuming a central role in Europe: EU Commissioner(23:42)
Rome, Sep 16 (IANS/AKI) With its new left-leaning government, Italy, a founder member of the European Union, and the eurozone's third largest economy, is reprising its usual role as a leader of the 28-member bloc, EU Economy Commissioner-elect Paolo Gentiloni said on Monday.
- Cong plans pointsmen to regain Dalit votes in 3 poll-bound states(23:22)
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) Worried over the decline in the Dalit vote share, once considered party stronghold, the Congress is planning to appoint coordinators for all Scheduled Caste (SC) reserved seats, ahead of Maharashtra, Haryana and Jharkhand Assembly elections that are likely this year.
- Eye of the tiger: Killer nomad on the prowl(23:04)
Jaipur, Sep 16 (IANS) This is a story of T-104, an eight-month-old tiger who became a homeless wanderer and has killed three men since February this year in the jungles of Ranthambore.
- Second edition of teachers training programmes unveiled(22:40)
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has launched the 2019 edition of the two national teachers training programmes the Leadership for Academics Programme (LEAP) 2019 and the Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT) 2019.
- India condemns Saudi oil field attacks(22:36)
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) India on Monday condemned the September 14 attacks on the Saudi Arabian oil fields and reiterated its resolve to oppose terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
- Will request NGT to allow beach shacks, says Goa CM(22:32)
Panaji, Sep 16 (IANS) With Goa's tourism season set to kick off just a couple of weeks later, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Monday said that his government would plead before the National Green Tribunal for permission to set up beach shacks along the coastline.