- SpiceJet operates first cargo-on-seat flight(2 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Budget airline SpiceJet on Tuesday operated the country's first cargo-on-seat flight carrying vital supplies in the passenger cabin and belly space from Delhi to Chennai.
- IndiGo operates relief flights at own cost(5 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Budget airline IndiGo on Tuesday said that it is in the process of operating more than 30 relief flights "free of cost" to aide the Centre's efforts in curbing Covid-19.
- Lockdown diaries: Billie Eilish enjoys being alone(6 minutes ago)
Los Angeles, April 7 (IANS) Grammy award-winning singer Billie Eilish says she is an "introverted loner", and is happily spending a lot of time alone during the lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Army helping Kashmiris amid Covid-19 outbreak(10 minutes ago)
Srinagar, April 7 (IANS) The Indian Army is helping ordinary Kashmiris amid the deadly Covid-19 outbreak. A video released by the army shows soldiers reaching out to the people in the valley and helping them to deal with the enormous crisis.
- Josh Gad back as beloved snowman Olaf(10 minutes ago)
Los Angeles, April 7 (IANS) Actor Josh Gad is returning as the beloved snowman Olaf from the "Frozen" universe, with a series of new shorts titled "At Home With Olaf".
- Discoms' overdues may jump 50% on longer lockdown(10 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Power sector reforms will be one of the biggest casualties of the current nationwide lockdown to fight the Covid-19 pandemic, as falling demand and slowing cash position is expected to substantially increase the losses of power distribution companies with their overdues to generation companies rising between 30 per cent and 50 per cent in less than a years time.
- Kareena aces 'work from home' with a pout(16 minutes ago)
Mumbai, April 7 (IANS) After treating fans with a workout pout last week, Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor Khan has now aced "work from home" with a signature pout.
- Don't go to sleep with an empty stomach: Kyrgios offers food for needy(17 minutes ago)
Sydney, April 7 (IANS) Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios has offered to drop food to those in need amid the coronavirus pandemic. Kyrgios posted in his Instagram handle that anyone in need of food or water can message him and he will drop it off at their doorstep.
- Centre to SC: Nearly 85 lakh provided food, over 6 lakh given shelter(22 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) The Centre on Tuesday informed the Supreme Court that in 578 districts of the country, a solid network of state governments and Union Territories along with NGOs is operational to implement relief measures for the people, including migrant workers, affected by the nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus.
- ISL: Delgado signs fresh one-year deal with Bengaluru FC(22 minutes ago)
Bengaluru, April 7 (IANS) Bengaluru FC, on Tuesday, announced that midfielder Dimas Delgado would spend a fourth year with the club after the Spaniard put pen to paper in a new one-year deal that keeps him with the Blues till the end of the 2020-21 season.
- Nagpur's Good Samaritan astonishes Maharashtra CM (IANS IMPACT)(25 minutes ago)
Mumbai/Nagpur, April 7 (IANS) It was a momentous Tuesday for Nagpur man Khushroo Poacha when Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray called him up and took an overview of his charitable activities, done without donation of a single rupee.
- Lockdown diaries: Richa Chadha takes up meditation(27 minutes ago)
Mumbai, April 7 (IANS) Actress Richa Chadha has chosen the World Health Day on April 7 to talk about the importance of emotional health during these uncertain times of COVID-19 pandemic. She says she has made it a habit to get up and meditate every day.
- Kerala stays ahead of other states in health services(28 minutes ago)
Thiruvananthapuram, April 7 (IANS) Covid-19 cases notwithstanding, Kerala continues to lead states in terms of health parameters as the World Health Day, a global health awareness day, is being celebrated on Tuesday (April 7).
- 90 tonnes air cargo of medical kits, medicines sent to NE(28 minutes ago)
Guwahati, April 7 (IANS) Over 90 tonnes of air cargo, comprising medical kits, personal protective gears and medicines, have been transported to north-eastern states from Delhi and other places, according to officials on Tuesday.
- BSF extends leaves of personnel till April 21(28 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Taking preventive measures amid lockdown, the Border Security Force (BSF) has asked its formations to extend leaves of their personnel, due to join this month, up to April 21.
- Lockdown diaries: What's Adah up to between washing bartans and doing jhaadu?(16:19)
Mumbai, April 7 (IANS) Ever since the COVID-19 lockdown happened, Bollywood stars have been doing their chores in the absence of house help. Adah Sharma has taken to social media to share a few racy photographs of herself, saying these were actual pictures taken during the break between "washing bartans (dishes) and doing jhaadu (sweeping)".