- Indian expat drowns in Dubai beach(10:08)
Dubai, June 16 (IANS) An Indian expat drowned at the Jumeirah Beach in Dubai during an outing with his family, the media reported on Sunday.
- Expats in UAE gear up for India-Pakistan WC match(09:30)
Dubai, June 15 (IANS) Indian expats in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are gearing up for the World Cup clash between India and Pakistan in Manchester on Sunday, with some hoping that the match doesn't get washed away by the rain, the media reported on Saturday.
- Terrorism a joint threat, needs collective action: Modi (Roundup)(18:50)
Colombo, June 9 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday met Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena for the second time in 10 days and agreed that terrorism was a "joint threat" that needed collective and focussed action. The two leaders had last week met at Modi's swearing-in ceremony.
- Blood, flesh were all over seats: Indian survivor in Dubai(19:52)
Dubai, June 8 (IANS) The survivors of the Dubai bus accident which claimed 17 lives, including those of 12 Indians, recounted the horror when their bus, returning from Oman, took a wrong exit and crashed into a road height restriction barrier that fell and ripped through the vehicle.
- Kashmiri Pandits leave for Kheer Bhawani pilgrimage(17:10)
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) Six buses carrying about 240 Kashmiri Pandits left for Kashmir from here this morning on an annual pilgrimage to Kheer Bhawani temple, whose logistics is being taken care of by the Jammu and Kashmir government.
- UAE-based Indian expat collects over 2,000 coins(10:08)
Dubai, June 8 (IANS) An 85-year-old Indian expatriate in Dubai has collected over 2,000 foreign coins and banknotes, a hobby he started when he was just 12-years-old, the media reported.
- 12 Indians among 17 killed in Dubai accident (2nd Lead)(17:58)
Dubai, June 7 (IANS) At least 12 Indians were among the 17 people killed in a horrific crash in which a bus full of holiday makers returning from Oman met with an accident in Dubai, the Consulate General of India (CGI) said here on Friday.
- 12 Indians among 17 killed in Dubai accident (Lead)(14:56)
Dubai, June 7 (IANS) At least 12 Indians were among the 17 people killed in a horrific bus crash in which a tourist bus coming from Oman rammed into a signboard in Dubai, the Consulate General of India (CGI) said here on Friday.
- 8 Indians among 17 killed in Dubai accident(11:56)
Dubai, June 7 (IANS) Eight Indians were among the 17 people who were killed when a tourist bus from Oman rammed into a signboard in Dubai, the Consulate General of India (CGI) here said on Friday.
- Expats in UAE worried as Nipah virus detected in Kerala(10:08)
Dubai, June 6 (IANS) UAE-based Malayalis have expressed concern for their loved ones back home, as a Kerala youth tested positive for the Nipah virus, leading to a number of traders and travellers taking precautionary measures, the media reported.
- Obama praises Sikh man with rainbow turban(17:44)
Washington, June 5 (IANS) Former US President Barack Obama has praised San Diego-based Sikh neuroscientist Jiwandeep Kohli who is celebrating this year's Pride Month with a rainbow turban.