- UAE-based Indian in trouble over Islamophobic post(12:30)
Abu Dhabi, April 7 (IANS) A United Arab Emirates-based Indian national was in trouble over an Islamophobic post on social media and hurting the religious sentiments of Muslims, a media report said.
- Pak govt cancels Baisakhi celebrations at Gurdwara Punja Sahib(09:05)
Islamabad, April 7 (IANS) Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the Pakistan government has cancelled Baisakhi celebrations scheduled to begin on April 14 at the Gurdwara Punja Sahib in Punjab province, in which 3,000 Sikhs from India and 2,000 from elsewhere were to participate.
- Kerala CM discusses Covid-19 issues with diaspora leaders(21:36)
Thiruvananthapuram, April 5 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Sunday held a video conference with top diaspora leaders and heard about the difficulties faced by Keralites in various countries in the wake of Covid-19.
- Indian-American restaurateur shuts Michelin-starred eatery(13:10)
Washington, April 4 (IANS) As the coronavirus pandemic continues to alter lives and economy in across the US, Indian-American restaurateur has shut his Michelin-starred Indian fine-diner Rasa in California, a media report said.
- 3 UAE-based Indian drivers win jackpot(13:00)
Abu Dhabi, April 4 (IANS) Three United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based Indian drivers have won the mega monthly jackpot draw in Abu Dhabi, it was reported on Saturday.
- 'It's horrible', says Indian-American doctor on COVID-19 frontlines(09:58)
By Arul Louis
New York, April 3 (IANS) "It's horrible, horrible, people are dying in the emergency room (ER)," said an Indian-American doctor on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic describing the grim conditions at hospitals here where patients are lined up in the hallways, freezer trucks are parked outside to store bodies and the ambulance crews received orders to not bring in cardiac arrest cases they couldn't revive.
- Indian-American Assemblyman announces medical supply donation drive(13:57)
San Francisco, April 2 (IANS) Ash Kalra, an Indian-American California state Assemblyman, has announced a safety supplies donation drive in response to the countywide shortage of protective equipment for medical workers to protect them against the novel coronavirus, it was reported.
- Indian techie in Texas critical due to COVID-19(13:26)
Houston, April 2 (IANS) A Texas-based Indian techie, who was tested positive for the novel coronavirus, was in critical condition and on ventilator support, according to a media report.
- Indian cleaner jailed in Dubai for stealing watches(13:12)
Dubai, April 2 (IANS) A UAE-based Indian cleaner has been jailed in Dubai after he was found guilty of stealing as many as 86 expensive watches, worth over 8.3 million dirhams ($2 million), it was reported.
- Around 8,000 sailors stranded abroad, talks on with MHA: Goa CM(20:30)
Panaji, March 31 (IANS) One of the biggest issues concerning Goa amid the ongoing COVID-19 crisis is that nearly 7,000 to 8,000 Goan sailors are stranded in different ports-of-call and ships across the world, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said on Tuesday.
- Indian-American Congressional candidate tests positive for COVID-19(13:10)
Washington, March 31 (IANS) Indian-American Suraj Patel, who worked as a campaign staffer for former President Barack Obama and was now a candidate for a Congressional seat in New Yorks 12th District, announced that he had tested positive for the novel coronavirus, but has since recovered after a period of isolation, a media report said on Tuesday.
- Dubai-based Indian donates entire property for quarantine(14:29)
Dubai, March 30 (IANS) Indian businessman Ajay Sobhraj, founder and Chairman of Dubai-based Finja Jewellery, has donated a building he owns to be used as a quarantine centre for the treatment of people infected with the novel coronavirus, it was reported.
- Over 10,000 Indians stranded in Kyrgyzstan(14:23)
By Quaid Najmi
Mumbai, March 29 (IANS) Over 10,000 Indian students from across India are stranded in the Osh State University (OSU), Kyrgyzstan who desperately want to return, a student from the varsity said on Sunday.
- 49-day lockdown necessary to stop COVID-19 resurgence in India: Study(14:23)
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) Two Indian-origin researchers from the University of Cambridge in the UK have come up with a new mathematical model that predicts a flat 49-day nationwide lockdown -- or sustained lockdown with periodic relaxation extending over two months -- may be necessary to prevent COVID-19 resurgence in India.