- US judge sentences Indian on drug, money laundering charges(09:10)
By Arul Louis
New York, July 10 (IANS) An Indian businessman extradited to the US from the Czech Republic has been convicted of conspiring to illegally import medicines into America and money laundering, according to the Department of Justice.
- Abu Dhabi Malayalam parish to honour frontline workers(14:30)
Abu Dhabi, July 9 (IANS) The Youth Movement of the Church of South India in Abu Dhabi has decided to honour the members who are part of the frontline warriors fighting the coronavirus pandemic in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Two Indians share UAE lottery(14:08)
Dubai, July 7 (IANS) Two Indians have hit the jackpot by winning half a million dirhams each in the 12th Emirates Loto draw, the media reported on Tuesday.
- Dubai gurdwara re-opens after 110 days(12:53)
Dubai, July 5 (IANS) After 110 days, the Guru Nanak Darbar Gurudwara in Dubai has re-opened following the lifting of the suspension of places of worship in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Indian expat falls asleep in Dubai airport, misses flight(14:38)
Dubai, July 4 (IANS) An Indian expat worker, who was eagerly waiting to be repatriated after cancelling his visa, missed a jumbo jet flying 427 stranded Indians to Kerala after he fell asleep in the Dubai International Airport, the media reported.
- Andhra NRIs protest in solidarity with Amaravati movement(11:22)
Amaravati, July 4 (IANS) Telugus from Andhra Pradesh settled in various parts of the world have expressed solidarity with the people of Amaravati, whose protests against the state government's decision to trifurcate the state capital entered 200th day on Saturday.
- Indian origin cardiologist to pay $400K to settle false billing allegation(07:34)
By Arul Louis
New York, July 2 (IANS) An Indian origin cardiologist and the administrator of her company have agreed to pay $400,000 to settle allegations that they submitted irregular billings to Medicare, the government health insurance programme for senior citizens, according to officials.
- Outgoing Indian Consul General to leave Dubai(14:16)
Dubai, July 1 (IANS) Vipul, the outgoing Consul General of India in Dubai, is all set to leave the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on a repatriation flight next week following the completion of a three-year tenure, the media reprted on Wednesday.
- Indian visitor stuck in UAE with $30,493 hospital bill(12:58)
Dubai, June 29 (IANS) A jobless Indian visitor to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is in desperate need of financial help to settle an outstanding hospital bill of 112,000 dirham ($30,493), a media report said on Monday.
- Trump nominates Indian-American entrepreneur to IDFC board(10:31)
New York, June 26 (IANS) An Indian-American entrepreneur, who was on the board of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), has been nominated by President Donald Trump to be a director of the reconstituted US International Development Finance Corporation (IDFC).
- IMF revises down global economy forecast(09:38)
Washington, June 25 (IANS) The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has revised down its forecast for the global economy amid mounting COVID-19 fallout, warning of record debt levels in both advanced and emerging markets and developing economies.
- Indian couple murdered by Pakistani man in Dubai(09:56)
Dubai, June 24 (IANS) An Indian couple from Gujarat was found murdered and their teenage daughter brutally injured by a Pakistani national here last week during a break-in and robbery bid.