- Countdown begins for Indian rocket's Wednesday launch(11:16)
Chennai, May 21 (IANS) The countdown for the Wednesday launch of India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) carrying the radar imaging earth observation satellite, RISAT-2B began on Tuesday, said an ISRO official.
- New system of measurement units now operational(22:44)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) The new System of Units (SI) to measure weight, temperature, amount of substance, and current came into operation in India from Monday on the occasion of the World Metrology Day, an official release said.
- Machine Learning may help capture fusion energy on Earth(15:22)
New York, May 19 (IANS) A team of researchers in the US have used Machine Learning (ML) to rapidly control plasma that fuels fusion reactions, paving the way to help Earth get the clean fusion energy that lights the Sun and stars.
- UNSW team reports breakthrough in quantum computing(13:16)
Sydney, May 17 (IANS) A team of scientists from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia has measured for the first time accuracy of two-qubit operations in silicon -- a feat that would enable companies build a full-scale quantum processor.
- Nuclear power can reduce greenhouse gases: Vice President(15:24)
Hyderabad, May 16 (IANS) Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu said on Thursday that nuclear electricity as a reliable and safe energy option can significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and that it has the potential to meet the ever-increasing energy demand in the country.
- NASA spots Israeli spacecraft's crash site on Moon(10:52)
Washington, May 16 (IANS) NASA's Moon orbiting spacecraft has spotted the impact site of the Israeli Beresheet spacecraft on a region of the Moon called "Sea of Serenity" where it crash landed on April 11.
- NASA's Artemis to put first woman on Moon(10:46)
Washington, May 14 (IANS) NASAs ambitious plan to put the first woman on the Moon by 2024 has been named Artemis. It was set in motion following an additional increase to the agency's budget.
- NIN's unscientific report on Akshaya Patra food flayed(23:42)
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Civil society activists and NGOs on Monday demanded that the National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) withdraw its report approving the nutritional value of food supplied by the Akshaya Patra Foundation as part of the mid-day meals scheme without proper scientific assessment.
- ISRO to launch radar imaging satellite on May 22(20:06)
Chennai, May 11 (IANS) India will launch RISAT-2B, a radar imaging earth observation satellite, using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-Core Alone (PSLV-CA) variant, on May 22, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said on Saturday.
- DRDO spends 25% of budget on R&D, says Chairman(17:08)
New Delhi, May 11 (IANS) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Chairman Satheesh Reddy said they were spending 25 per cent of the budget on research and development (R&D).