- Meetings keep Javadekar busy during lockdown(4 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) The Union ministers have been on their toes since Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced an unprecedented nationwide lockdown on March 24 to contain the spread of Covid-19.
- Odisha reports first COVID-19 death(8 minutes ago)
Bhubaneswar, April 7 (IANS) Odisha has reported its first COVID-19 death after a 72-year-old man died at AIIMS, Bhubaneswar, said the Health department on Tuesday.
- Varsities to contact students by phone, mail, social media(10 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Various central universities, colleges and educational institutions, which are closed due to the lockdown, will now establish direct contact with their students. The social media platforms, phone calls, emails and other digital mediums will be adopted to establish daily contact with students. This is being done so that the students and educational institutions remain in contact even during the lockdown period.
- Rajasthan CM demands inquiry into Delhi Markaz(10 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has demanded an "inquiry" by a retired or sitting Supreme Court Judge into the Markaz issue which is at the centre of controversy for holding such a large congregation in the heart of Delhi despite prohibitory orders.
- TN CM clears MLALADS fund use for corona relief(12 minutes ago)
Chennai, April 7 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami on Tuesday said he has cleared utilization of Rs 1 crore from all members of the legislative assembly Local Area Development Scheme (MLALADS) for Covid-19 relief works.
- Karnataka guv donates 30% of salary to PM Cares Fund(18 minutes ago)
Bengaluru, April 7 (IANS) Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala donated 30 per cent of his salary to the PM Cares Fund, set up to fight coronavirus outbreak across the country, an official said on Tuesday.
- Last leg of lockdown to see tougher measures in Uttarakhand(20 minutes ago)
Dehradun, April 7 (IANS) As the spread of COVID-19 by the Jamaatis have reached alarming proportions in some pockets of the Himalayan state, Uttarakhand's Trivendra Singh Rawat government is contemplating to take tough decisions in the last week of the lockdown.
- AIIMS asks healthcare workers to reuse N95 masks(23 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi, on Tuesday issued a circular on N95 masks, asking the healthcare workers to re-use them after disinfecting the masks.
- Bukhari, Naqvi appeal to Muslims to stay indoors on Shab-e-Barat(27 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Amid the nationwide lockdown due to coronavirus scare, Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has said that the Central Waqf Council has asked state Waqf Boards to appeal to Muslims to observe the lockdown during Shab-e-Barat festival on April 8 and 9.
- On migrant workers, Centre tells SC govt monitoring helpline daily(15:24)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) The Centre on Tuesday informed the Supreme Court it was "on top of the situation" in connection with issues of migrant workers amid the nationwide lockdown, and that the Home Minister is daily monitoring the helpline set up for the workers.
- Railways to prepare PPEs for doctors, medical staff(15:18)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Just days after the DRDO approved the personal protective equipment (PPEs) made by the Northern Railway, the Indian railways has geared up to prepare thousands of PPEs at 17 workshops across the country to help the medical personnel.
- Suspending MPLAD scheme is undemocratic: Stalin(15:18)
Chennai, April 7 (IANS) The DMK President M.K. Stalin on Tuesday said the Central government's decision to suspend the Members of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) Scheme for two years instead of allocating additional funds for Covid-19 relief work is not a democratic decision.
- Travel passes being issued to blood donors amid lockdown(15:11)
By Aakanksha Khajuria
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) As stringent restrictions on movement of people are in force across the country, blood donors are being issued travel passes by organisations who are racing against time to meet the ever-growing requirement of blood.
- Rajasthan CM bats for phased withdrawal of lockdown(15:11)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) A day after Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao made a strong case for the continuation of the ongoing lockdown, Rajasthan Chief Minister has called for its phased withdrawal.
- Promote Mumbai FY-SY college students to next class: BUCTU(15:03)
Mumbai, April 7 (IANS) In view of the massive disruption in academics during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Bombay University and College Teachers Union (BUCTU) has asked the varsity to promote all FY and SY students pending their exams and results, here on Tuesday.
- Study touting hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 cure didn't meet standard: Publisher(15:03)
London, April 7 (IANS) A study that first claimed that anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for the novel coronavirus and triggered US President Donald Trump enthusiasm for its widespread use, has now been slammed by the same group that publishes the journal in which the paper first appeared.
- Suspected coronavirus-hit drug plant shut in Karnataka(14:57)
Mysuru (Karnataka), April 7 (IANS) The drug-making plant of pharma major Jubilant Life Sciences at Nanjangud near Mysuru has been shut down after it was suspected to have been contaminated by coronavirus from a container that came from China with raw materials, an official said on Tuesday.
- Zomato begins grocery delivery in 80 Indian cities(14:55)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) After initial hiccups, Zomato has started grocery delivery in over 80 Indian cities with supplying essentials and is set to launch takeaway service in Australia and Portugal to support restaurants, its CEO Deepinder Goyal said on Tuesday.
- Bhilwara becomes global model by breaking corona chain: CM(14:50)
Jaipur, April 7 (IANS) Bhilwara has become a global role model by breaking the corona chain with efforts made by the state government which include screening of 5 crore people and testing lakhs of households still date, said Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
- India denies it removed ban on hydroxychloroquine under US threat(14:47)
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) The Central government on Tuesday denied that it lifted the partial ban on the export of hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug used for Covid-19 disease, under the "threat of retaliation" by the US in international trade of medical supplies.A
- COVID-19 active cases in northeast rise to 32, Assam alone 27(14:01)
Guwahati/Agartala, April 7 (IANS) One more COVID-19 positive case was detected in Assam on Tuesday taking the state's active cases to 27 while the total number of positive cases in the northeastern region rose to 32, ministers and officials said.