- Italy blasts 'alarmist' reports on coronavirus outbreak(23:22)
Rome, Feb 26 (IANS) Italy's Foreign Ministry on Wednesday decried a "worrying proliferation of inaccurate and alarmist news" on the coronavirus epidemic in the country and claimed the government had moved swiftly to contain the outbreak.
- Coronavirus will harm world economy: EU economy chief(21:33)
Brussels, Feb 26 (IANS/AKI) The coronavirus epidemic is bound to dent global economic growth, the European Union's Economy Commissioner Paolo Gentiloni said on Wednesday as the outbreak continued to spread to more countries, wiping trillions of dollars off world financial markets.
- Indians onboard quarantined cruise-liner will be back soon: Envoy(13:40)
Panaji, Feb 26 (IANS) The Indian Embassy in Japan is making arrangements to bring back Indian sailors, including crew members from Goa, who are currently stranded onboard the cruise-liner Diamond Princess off the Japanese coast in view of the coronavirus scare, Indian Ambassador to Japan Sanjay Kumar Varma said on Wednesday.
- US warns of rapid corona spread, suggests drastic measures(10:28)
By Arul Louis
New York, Feb 26 (IANS) US federal health officials have issued a grim warning about a "bad" spread of coronavirus and asked the nation to prepare for drastic actions like cancelling meetings as the disease was spreading its tentacle far beyond China.
- Indian Oly chief not willing to comment on games status(10:21)
By Aakash Kumar
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) Amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, questions are now being raised whether the Tokyo Olympic Games -- scheduled to be held in July and August -- would go as per the schedule or not.
- Covid-19 curbs to hit Holi shopping(09:47)
Lucknow, Feb 26 (IANS) With less than a fortnight left for Holi, the traders here in Uttar Pradesh are finding themselves in an unpleasant situation -- one that could cast a shadow on the celebrations.
- Goa writes to Tokyo mission over Diamond Princess' Goan crew(22:48)
Panaji, Feb 25 (IANS) Narendra Sawaikar, Commissioner for NRI (non-resident Indian) Affairs in Goa, here on Tuesday, wrote to the Indian diplomatic mission in Japan to convey the anxieties of parents of Goan origin sailors, currently stranded onboard cruise ship Diamond Princess.
- Croatia confirms first case of COVID-19(18:36)
Zagreb, Feb 25 (IANS) Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic announced here on Tuesday that Croatia has confirmed the first case of COVID-19 infection.
- Special flight to repatriate Indians from Diamond Princess (Ld)(15:23)
Mumbai, Feb 25 (IANS) The Centre will send a special chartered flight to Tokyo on Wednesday to bring back the stranded Indians on the Diamond Princess cruise ship which is currently quarantined off the Japanese coast of Yokohama, an official said here on Tuesday.
- S.Korea ups anti-COVID-19 fight as cases near 900(12:50)
Seoul, Feb 25 (IANS) With the number of confirmed coronavirus cases nearing 900 on Tuesday, South Korea has vowed to maximize its containment measures in Daegu city and the neighbouring North Gyeongsang Province, where 724 infections were reported so far.
- Travel abroad? Make your will, be ready for 14-day quarantine(12:45)
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) In view of deaths caused by novel coronavirus (COVID-19), which has taken over 2,600 lives in China, the Confederation of Medical Associations in Asia and Oceania (CMAAO) issued an updated advisory for travelling.