- YouTube Originals released post Sep 24 to be free with ads(12:18)
San Francisco, Aug 18 (IANS) Months after confirming that its Originals programming would soon be free with advertisements, YouTube has finally announced content released after September 24 will be available to non-YouTube Premium subscribers as well.
- FB contractor pressured therapists to leak staff info(11:48)
San Francisco, Aug 18 (IANS) Facebook is facing flak from moderators who have alleged that a contractor from the social networking giant pressured counsellors to break confidentiality agreements by leaking discussions with employees.
- Stop #logout campaign, Zomato's Goyal urges in tweetstorm(23:04)
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) As hundreds of restaurants delisted from online food aggregators' platform across the country, Zomato's Founder Deepinder Goyal on Saturday requested restaurant owners to stop the #logout campaign.
- ISRO plans to source 5 PSLV rockets from domestic firms(20:32)
Chennai, Aug 17 (IANS) Targeting to realise 12 Polar Satellite Launch Vehicles (PSLV) per year from the domestic private sector, Indian space agency ISRO's commercial arm NewSpace India Ltd has issued an Expression of Interest (EoI) for first manufacturing five of these rockets.
- Trump tweets about dinner with Tim Cook(19:06)
San Francisco, Aug 17 (IANS) Apple would be spending "vast sums of money in the US", President Donald Trump said while announcing Tim Cook as his dinner guest for the Friday night.
- Hackers target Denmark's Tivoli park, guests info stolen(17:46)
Copenhagen, Aug 17 (IANS) The Copenhagen-based Tivoli, one of the oldest and most popular amusement parks in Europe, has now joined the unfortunate online "rogues gallery" of major Danish companies whose customer data has been hacked from their websites.
- Give your best shot this World Photography Day(17:00)
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Smartphones with top-of-the-line camera technologies and filters have made everyone a photographer and according to professional lensmen, you can achieve great shots with some training and perspective.
- Amazon ambassadors flood Twitter with 'fake' messages: Report(10:18)
San Francisco, Aug 17 (IANS) There has been a surge in Amazon employees' accounts on Twitter who are praising the e-commerce giant, the workplace and its policies on the platform, creating suspicion among former workers whether this is actually the case.
- Deep discounts: Restaurants, online food apps battle it out (Lead)(18:40)
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) With hundreds of restaurants under the umbrella of the National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) coming out in the open to challenge the deep discounting practices of online food aggregators like Zomato Gold and Dineout, the war over who controls the palate of Indians has intensified.
- After Kerala, Uttarakhand Police join TikTok(16:50)
Dehradun, Aug 16 (IANS) In line with their ongoing mission to bring messages on safety and social relevance to their audience while connecting with the citizens of the state directly, the Uttarakhand Police joined TikTok on Friday.
- Jupiter still reeling from head-on collision 4.5bn years ago(16:32)
New York, Aug 16 (IANS) A colossal, head-on collision between Jupiter and a still-forming planet in the early solar system, about 4.5 billion years ago, has left Jupiter's core less dense and more extended that expected, say researchers.
- Google 'Password Checkup' to be built into Chrome(16:06)
San Francisco, Aug 16 (IANS) The leak detection feature of Password Checkup, which checks if a user's password is compromised and alerts the users by a drop-down menu box, would become a default feature of Google Chrome browser instead of remaining an optional extension.